- Project initiator: Paco
- Added: 2010-10-05 20:53:07
- Category: Multimedia » Audio
- License: GNU General Public License
- Overall downloads number: 3397
- Language(s): Python
- Available translation(s): Arabic Brazilian Portuguese Byelorussian Catalan Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Italian Japanese Korean Polish Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Turkish Ukrainian
- Targeted system(s): POSIX (GNU/Linux, BSD, UNIX)
- Tag(s): mpd sonata music player elegant gtk python
- Popularity: 0.01% #21
Description of the projectSonata is designed to be an elegant and intuitive interface for your music collection via the Music Player Daemon (MPD). Most actions are accessed through right-click popup menus. The main window can be collapsed into a mini view or expanded by clicking on the current song (with the > sign next to it).
In the expanded view, the tabbed interface includes your current playlist, info about the current song, your library (browse by folders, genres, artists, or albums), your saved playlists, and any streams (pls/m3u supported). You can reorder the tabs by drag-and-dropping, and hide any of them via a popup menu.