Some might have noticed since last post here, I'm progressively leaving ct.net.
As stated in the previous post, I've started working with git for the py3k port of MPD_sima. Since I do not intend to get back on subversion, The future is quite simple actually, I'll maintain MPD_sima on my own server only and use mail/xmpp to communicate (bug report, patch, feature request…).
Roadmap, future plan
I did the p3k port in a 0.11 branch its own git repository. In the mean time I decided not to follow the "de facto" current fork of python-mpd and started working on my own py3k port: "python-musicpd".
Everything was then ready to start over MPD_sima development, which I did with a major refactoring to introduce a plugin system. This work is done in a 0.12 branch and 0.11 is abandoned now.
Published by kaliko, on 2014-01-11 14:57:04.
Forgot to post a entry regarding the release of 0.10.0. Mea culpa, have a look at the changelog
Lately I've been working on python3 portage, which raised the problem of python-mpd.
I decided to merge my py3k port of python-mpd module in MPD_sima for now, I'll wait for the situation to move on and stabilized around the actual "de facto" fork, python-mpd2.
Even though my work on python-mpd could look like a fork (ie. namespace changed to avoid confusion) it is not, I don't believe I have time and knowledge to work seriously on this project.
Another major change in MPD_sima is yet another attempt to write a setup.py
My work concerning the latest developments did not take place @codingteam but on my personal git repositories. Eventually, I'll merge back into the svn tree here
Please, don't hesitate to check-out and try the code from git repository.
- MPD_sima python3
- My version of python-mpd (namespace changed to musicpd)
- De facto kinda official fork of python-mpd
Published by kaliko, on 2013-04-21 13:38:38.
Main features to come with 0.9.0 is dynamic similarity.
Artists selected to be queued are always the most similar, hence an adjusted and dynamic similarity value depending on how much artists are found within the local music library. This can be tuned, though the current values should be fine, refer to manuals if necessary.
Pay attention: python-mpd >= 0.3 is required now due to the use of MPD idle command.
MPD_sima in Debian
The package for 0.9 branch is a wok in progress, I expect it to be uploaded in Debian before it freezes next June.
Published by kaliko, on 2012-02-10 13:33:54.
I'm moving debian packaging to git.debian.org thanks to Jonas invitation.
Follow, contribute to MPD_sima debian packaging at http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-multimedia/mpd-sima.git.
Published by kaliko, on 2011-06-19 13:34:35.
A debian package for the latest 0.8.0 version of MPD_sima has been released.
You may as well wait for the package to enter official Debian repository. The package is already available at mentors.debian.net waiting for sponsoring (repository available there as well but usually targeted to advanced debian users).
Published by kaliko, on 2011-05-23 19:40:01.
Main features to come with 0.8.0 is the daemon capability, MPD_sima can now properly fork to the background.
The default behaviour is still to run in the foreground, use --daemon option to daemonize.
I've also been working on memory consumption which was terribly high because of a bad management of last.fm requests cache in simadb.py. MPD_sima memory footprint has been reduced consequently.
You might also notice a better diversity in queued artists since I fixed algorithm in charge of listing unplayed and not recently played artists.
MPD_sima in Debian
The package for 0.7.2 has been sponsored and is currently in Debian testing. I'm working on 0.8.0 package, it's pretty much finished. As soon as it has been reviewed I'll request an upload to official repository.
Published by kaliko, on 2011-05-08 14:26:44.
Bug fix / mea culpa
This is a bug fix release. I introduced a bug in 0.7.1 fixing #2113. Timestamps were badly formatted.
As a result history was not honoured correctly, MPD_sima was queueing tracks already played without respecting history_duration parameter.
Fixing this issue I spotted another error within the database history table I fixed at the same time, this issue was not impacting MPD_sima behaviour though.
Published by kaliko, on 2011-01-30 13:44:47.
This is a bug fix release. The 0.7.1 tag fixes #2113 and #2091.
The Makefile from current dev branch 0.8 has been added into 0.7.1 to ease packaging.
I manage to take over ownership of AUR package, hopefully we'll come up soon with an updated package for you Archers
The debian package for 0.7.1 will follow as soon as I take time to work on it, I hope I'll have it done within a week.
The official package is still waiting for mentoring at mentors.debian.net, eventually it'll be uploaded to official repo now that squeeze is quasi-released, I'm expecting Debian Devs to be more available
For now the next branch is mainly the dæmon mode I added as part of the project (no external dependency) and some minor refactoring.
Published by kaliko, on 2011-01-22 10:01:04.
|1 2 3||1 → 10 of 29|