This document explain how to upgrade from a running installation of CodingTeam 0.9.3 to CodingTeam 0.9.4. We speak about an installation by the package (.tar.bz2), if you are using Subversion, you just have to update your working copy.
If you are using Subversion, you just have to update your working copy.
If you have installed CodingTeam from the .tar.bz2 package, you have to follow these steps in order to upgrade your forge. First of all, you should backup all your files.
Moving the files
We assume that CodingTeam 0.9.3 (your running forge) is in the codingteam folder and the 0.9.4 in a codingteam-0.9.4 folder.
- rm codingteam/.htaccess codingteam/index.php codingteam/VERSION
- cp codingteam-0.9.4/.htaccess codingteam
- cp codingteam-0.9.4/index.php codingteam
- cp codingteam-0.9.4/VERSION codingteam
- cd codingteam && rm -rf i18n/ inc/ scripts/ && cd ../
- cd codingteam/public/ && rm -rf *.js images/ && cd ../../
- cp -r codingteam-0.9.4/inc/ codingteam
- cp -r codingteam-0.9.4/i18n/ codingteam
- cp -r codingteam-0.9.4/public/* codingteam/public
- cp -r codingteam-0.9.4/scripts/ codingteam
You have to follow these procedures even if you're uploading from Subversion.
Now, the latest thing you have to do is to edit your configuration file (take care of the newest keys). Example is in codingteam/inc/codingteam.cfg-example and tips are in codingteam-0.9.4/INSTALL (you should read this file, there are new ways to do a few things and new dependencies).
Add Git directory
You should also configure Git (again, you should read codingteam-0.9.4/INSTALL).
- mkdir codingteam/public/git
- mkdir codingteam/public/git/_apache
- mkdir codingteam/public/git/_authz
- chown www-data:root -R codingteam/public/git
Add a directory for source code statistics generation
CodingTeam now generates statistics on the source code. You have to create a few directorie (and again, to read codingteam-0.9.4/INSTALL for Apache 2 HTTPD configuration).
- mkdir codingteam/public/codestats && mkdir codingteam/public/codestats/temp && mkdir codingteam/public/codestats/reports
- chmod 770 -R codingteam/public/codestats && chown www-data:root -R codingteam/public/codestats
Update the database
Now we need to update the database. CodingTeam 0.9.4 introduces new fields to some tables and new values in the config table. The easiest way to update our database is to launch the command-line script scripts/miscellaneous/upgrade093-094.php.
All should be ok now!